- February 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
February 2014 started off with a trip to the small (really small) town of Milton, CA to visit the Keystone Lodge. We are happy to hear that they are growing.
- Feb.6 – 5:30 Hall Association, 6:30 Dinner, 7:30 Stated Meeting
- Feb. 11 – 7:00 Second Degree
- Feb. 12 – 6:00 Cigar Night - RSVP to Rocky
- Feb. 13 – 6:30 Sweetheart Dinner – RSVP to Wor. Lee, Rick or Chuck
- Feb. 15 – 4:00 Crab & Prime Rib Feed
- Feb. 20 – 7:00 First Degree (2)
Modesto 206 is active in 2014. Wor. Lee’s corps of officers have been learning their new roles and we’re ready to put on a 3rd Degree.
Sorry for the late notice, but here are some upcoming events:
Jan. 23 – 7:00 @Modesto206 – Third Degree – visiting Master Masons are welcome
Jan. 25 – @Modesto206 – Modesto Shrine Club – Crab Feed – Tickets are going quickly
Feb. 1 – Sojourn to Keystone Lodge #161 in Milton (see last year’s)
Feb. 6 – 6:30 @Modesto206 – Dinner - Please come! — 7:30 Stated Meeting
There’s a lot coming up this year, stay tuned!
One of the extraordinary pleasures I’ve had during my tenure as Master was to regularly travel to nearby (and sometimes, not so nearby) lodges to share the Brotherly Love that we as Masons enjoy.
In almost every locale, one can find a Masonic Lodge. Even without knowing any of the gentlemen present, it is with open arms that a brother is Welcomed.
If you know of a Mason, past or present, please encourage him to look for an opportunity to seek out and attend a local Lodge event.
We look forward to seeing you!
Change: Tuesday Nov 12 will be a Sojourn to Calaveras for a 3rd degree.
Change: Smyrna’s Past Masters’ night has been postponed.
- Nov. 6 – 5:30 @Modesto 206 – De Molay Advisors / Formation meeting
- Nov. 7 – 5:30 Hall Association, 6:30 Dinner, 7:30 Stated Meeting (Elections!)
- Nov. 12 – 7:00 Sojourn to Calaveras Lodge for a 3rd degree
- Nov. 13 – 6:00 @DaveG’s – Cigar Night – RSVP to Rocky
- Nov. 14 – 6:30 @Modesto206 – Officers’ Practice
Nov. 16 – 5:00 @Smryna (Ceres Lodge) – Past Master’s Night
- Nov. 18 – 8:30am – Cornerstone Laying in Ceres
- Nov. 19 – 7:00 @Modesto206 – First Degree
- Nov. 21 – 5:30 @Modesto206 – Dinner & Masonic Outreach Services Presentation — District 442 SOI follows at 7PM
- Nov. 26 – 6:30 @Modesto206 – Officers’ Practice (3rd degree)
- Dec. 3 – 7:00 @Modesto206 – Third Degree
A bit of Historic Masonry can be found in and around our nation’s capitol in Washington DC. I had the distinct pleasure of chaperoning my daughter’s class on a tour of the capitol during the Shutdown of ’13 and I found a few items of note.
Oktoberfest was a bit early at Modesto #206 this year, taking place on Sept. 29th.
Wow! 7 beers, 3 teams, fresh baked pretzels, sauerkraut, potato salad.
And the wurst… it was the best!
The increasing success of the event is due to the participation of new faces, and the familiar faces, all pitching in to make a truly memorable evening.
We offered a brief respite from the wearies of travel for the Grand Custodian of the Grand Lodge of South Dakota, Wor. Lamont Cain Sr.
Congratulations Tres Equis! Winner of the brewing competition for the second year in a row!
On Wednesday, Oct 2, Modesto #206′s Sojourners trek’d down to Delhi for a delicious dinner at the Elegant Bull. We then headed a few more miles down 99 to Livingston and joined the brethren at Livingston Hills Ferry #236 for their Stated Meeting and some fellowship following.
It is always pleasant to visit a new lodge and meet new brothers. We look forward to seeing you soon.
- Sept. 29th – 3 PM – @Modesto206 – Oktoberfest
- Oct. 2nd – 7PM – @LivingstonHills #236 – Sojourning
- Oct. 3rd – 6:30PM Dinner, 7:30 Stated Meeting
- Oct. 4th – 6th – @SFGrandLodge – Grand Lodge 164th Communications
- Oct. 9th – 6PM – @Modesto206 – Cigar Night
- Oct. 10th – 6PM – @Modesto206 – Past Master’s Night, Dinner and 1st Degree
- Oct. 12th – 6PM – Ladies Night Out (changed)
- Oct. 17th – 6:30PM – @Modesto206 – Proficiencies and 2nd Degrees
- Oct. 24th – 7PM – @Modesto206 – 3rd Degree – Interdistrict #442 and #446
September 4th brought good fellowship and an adventure over the Altamont at Mosaic #218 in Livermore.
A lively dinner served to us by their Rainbow Girls. Wives welcomed to dinner as well.
Modesto joined Oak Summit and Riverbank and were welcomed warmly in Wor. Thorne’s beautiful lodge. Some of us made it back without incident. Unfortunately, my van did not fare so well.
The tow driver was recent vet with an engaging story. The starter and battery were replaced a few days later. Despite the car trouble, it was a great time.